My Riso al Limone (Lemon Rice)
- 6 quarts water
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 cup white short grain rice
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp lemon rind
- Pepper to taste
- THIS IS AN ORIGINAL RECIPE BY Angelica Di Chiara @FinestItalian
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until they are well mixed and frothy. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add salt when a bubbling boil has been reached. Pour in the rice and stir.
- When water is back to boiling, reduce the heat to medium and boil uncovered for 12-14 minutes, or until rice is just about tender. Drain.
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat until it becomes bubbly, add the hot drained rice and stir. Lower heat, add cheese and stir well. Then, add beaten eggs and mix well. Add lemon juice and lemon rind. Continue to stir gently for 2 or 3 minutes. Rice will be very creamy.
- Serve immediately. Top with extra parmesan if desired, sprinkle with pepper and enjoy.
This is an easy and nutritious recipe. Much easier and lighter then Risotto, but equally good. Enjoy!!